Specialist Valuations & Environmental Assessments (Landfill & Environmental Impact)
November 28, 2019
Ducharme Consulting has a professional valuation team available, who specialises in the public sector and environmental-impact matters, assisting municipalities (local, district, metropolitan) and other government departments and institutions with specialised valuation services and environmental assessments.
Specialised valuation and environmental assessment services
Specialised valuation services include:
- Valuation & Quantification of Landfill and Mining Rehabilitation / Licensing;
- Insurance valuations for the calculation of replacement cost;
- Land Expropriation Valuations;
- Void / Air Space valuations.
Environmental assessments include:
- Environmental impact studies;
- Assessing and auditing of Environmental Management Systems and Occupational Health and Safety Management systems (ISO14001, ISO 9001 and OHSAS 18001 codes of practice);
- Application of integrated water use licenses;
- Application for waste licenses;
- Verification of existing lawful water uses;
- Environmental impact assessments & Environmental auditing.
The professional services rendered also include mining-related assessments in terms of Mining Law to assist both mines as well as government institutions which need to consider the impact of mining activities within their jurisdiction, such as:
- mining valuations; bonuses
- mining impact assessments;
- applications in terms of the Minerals and Petroleum Resources Development Act, 28 of 2002;
- Mining authorization applications;
- obtaining of mining licences;
- Interpreting the impact of mining activities on the groundwater quality and levels with specific reference to after closure impacts, etc.)
Professional memberships and clients
The professional memberships (valuation / environmental matters) of the niche valuation professional team used by Ducharme Consulting, include membership with:
- the South African Council for the Property Valuers profession (Professional Associated Valuer);
- the South African Institute of Valuers;
- Appointed an Appraiser by the Minister of Justice;
- the Environmental Law Association (ELA);
- the Financial Planning Institute of South Africa (Certified Financial Planner)
Clients who made use of these services include several municipalities, financial institutions, insurance companies, law firms and individuals with valuations, risk assessments, DCF analysis, fixed asset management, and other professional property services, including the obtaining of mining licences and environmental impact studies.
Municipal Landfill sites valuation clients include: Umsobomvu, Victor Khanye, Gamagara, Kamiesberg, Kopanong, Ga-Segonyana, Govan Mbeki, Laingsburg, Magareng, Mantsopa, Matatiele, Matlosana, Mhlonto, Mier, Mohokare, Ka-Phalaborwa, Phumelela, Tlokwe, Richmond (KZN), Rustenburg, Siyanda, Thembelihle, Umzimvubu and Maquassi Hills.